This year I will be teaching 8th grade science! I am looking forward to seeing some of my previous students along with meeting new ones! I have missed you all so much and excited to be back to work even if it is a different setting! Please check out the updated supply list. Any items are appreciated! I encourage all students to have a pencil case or bag for THEIR OWN color pencils, pens, pencil, and highlighter. Can't wait to see you!!
-Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education from the University of Mississippi. (Certified in English & Science K-12) 2010
-Master's degree in Educational Theories and Practice from Arkansas State University! 2015
This upcoming year of 2020-2021 will be my 11th year at Lake Cormorant Middle School. I have experience in teaching English Language Arts, but Science has my heart wrapped around it. I absolutely love this school, and I have taught 6th, 7th, and 8th grade. This year I will be teaching 8th grade Science!. Looking forward to a great year!
My name is Holly Carden, and this year I will teach 8th grade Science at LCMS. I have been teaching at LC for 10 wonderful years and looking forward to year 11. I absolutely love my job and working with children. It is my goal to help my students accomplish their dreams one learning goal at a time. It is important that my students learn to value their education. With hard work and dedication, I know my students will be successful. I am also one of the LC Student Council Sponsors.
I have a daughter with special needs that turns 4 in August! We love Ole Miss Football and spend a lot of time cooking out by the pool with family. During my free time, I love to read, watch movies, take pictures, play with my daughter, go shopping, swim in our pool, and work in my flowerbeds. Our family also enjoys going to the beach every summer.
I hope all of enjoyed your extended summer vacation. Although 2020 has been an adventurous year, it is time to get down to business and try to achieve somewhat of a normal routine. I am looking forward to having a great year! Parents, please do not hesitate to email me if you have any questions or concerns! I try to respond as soon as I can. Thank you for helping me build successful citizens for the future!
UPDATED for 2020-2021
Everyone will need the following items:
1. Pencils, Pens, Highlighter, Colored Pens if desired (keep all of this in backpack or pencil case/pouch)
2. Handheld pencil sharpener (students keep)
3. TWO Composition Notebooks (any color, preferably NOT spiral & students will keep) (NO BINDERS NEEDED)
4. Index cards (any color & students will keep to use for homework)
5. Glue sticks
Other items needed:
· Boys-please bring in a pack of pencils and a box of Kleenex for the class
· Girls-please bring in a pack of color pencils and a roll of paper towels
**I strongly recommend that all students have their own supplies to use if possible. I will have additional supplies that will be sanitized when used/shared.
Students will receive extra credit for ANY extra bought items and for the following items:
(This is not mandatory.) PLEASE WRITE YOUR NAME ON ALL ITEMS!!!!
*Clorox or Lysol wipes *White COPY Paper/Colored COPY Paper *Legal Size White Paper
*Hand-Held Pencil Sharpener *Pack of pencils *Markers
*GLUESTICKS *Color Pencils *Paper towels
Thank you in advance for bringing in items!! They are much needed!! –Ms. Carden
8th Grade: Get school supplies!
LCMS Bell Schedule
1st Period 8:10-8:52
2nd Period 8:56-9:40
Break (2nd Pd.) 9:40-9:50
3rd Period 9:54-10:36
4th Period 10:40-11:24
Gator Goal Time 11:28-11:54
5th Period 11:54-1:19
3rd Lunch: 12:54-1:19
6th Period 1:23-2:05
7th Period 2:09-2:52
8th Period 2:56-3:40
UPDATED for 2020-2021
Research Project Links
Water Scarcity #2
Invasive Species #2
Waste Management #2
- Cram Flash Cards- https://www.cram.com/flashcards/create
- ZOOM – Video Conferencing - http://www.zoom.us
- Scholastic Learn at Home – http://classroommagazines.scholastic.com
- Learning A to Z - https://www.readinga-z.com
- Starfall - https://www.starfall.com/
- PBS Learning - https://www.pbslearningmedia.org
- Brain Pop - https://www.brainpop.com
- Khan Academy - https://www.khanacademy.org
- Get Epic Digital Library - https://www.getepic.com
- CommonLit - https://www.commonlit.org
- EverFi - https://everfi.com